Admissions: International STUDENT PROGRAM
Saint Bonaventure High School primarily accepts international students applying for freshman or sophomore levels (9th or 10th grades). Occasionally juniors (11th grade) are accepted only after providing sufficient proof of success in an English instructional program for 9th and 10th grades (i.e. enrollment in either an international school or another U.S. high school).
Students coming from China
We are currently in partnership with the Cambridge Institute for International Education. Students from China can inquire about the total cost (the school’s tuition plus the Cambridge academic and home stay fees), and how to begin the application process.
Click here to visit the Cambridge website >
Students from countries OTHER than China may apply by completing the following steps:
- Complete the school application form: Your application and $100 non-refundable application fee must be submitted online.
APPLY NOW >
- Tuition for the 2018-19 school year is $14,500.
- Immediately after submitting an application, please forward by mail or email the following support documents:
- Immunization records: in English
- Three (3) confidential student evaluation forms: To be completed by your current Principal, and current Mathematics and English teachers. If you are not taking English, submit a form from another teacher of your choice. ALL recommendation letters MUST be on official school letterhead.
- Official school transcripts: Transcripts must be translated into English and have an official school stamp. All grade levels must be numbered (7th grade through the current grade level) and have dates of attendance. Grades must be in letter format (“A, B, C, D, F”), or an equivalency scale must be provided. The specific level of Mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, etc.) is necessary.
- Copy of student’s passport: must be current for at least the coming school year
- Copy of Proof on Financial Responsibility: foreign bank certified letter showing enough funds on deposit for payment of tuition or Form 1040 from IRS
- English Proficiency Test Results: TOEFL Junior, SLEP, iTEP Slate, etc.
- Written personal statement: Students must their own statement introducing themselves, stating why they want to study in the U.S., sharing their interests, and describing the person who has had the most influence in their lives.
Documents should be sent as pdf files to Mr. Mike Herrera: firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions can be forwarded by email or phone: (805) 648-6836 x107.
Once an application and all support documents have been received, the school will schedule a Skype interview with the student. Sometime soon after the interview the school will communicate its decision regarding acceptance.
International Student Program - Registration
After acceptance, the student will be sent a registration packet. All documents need be completed and submitted along with a $1000.00 non-refundable registration fee.
International Student Program – I-20/Visa Information
Once the student is officially registered at SBHS the school must submit on behalf of the student the following information to the Archdiocese to apply for an I-20 visa.
- Copy of Student Passport
- Copy of Student Transcripts (in English)
- “Authorization for Adult to Act as Custodial Parent” Form designating student's guardianship/place of residence (submitted to the school as part of the registration packet).
- Copy of Parent’s Financial Statement.
- I-20/Orientation Fee Payment $900.00 is to be paid to St. Bonaventure High School, which will then be forwarded by the school to the Department of Catholic Schools along with the I-20 application and all of the necessary documents listed above.
The I-20 will be mailed to the party designated on the application. There is an additional $100 fee for international addresses (which would make the total I-20 application fee $850).
- ISP Authorization for Adult to Act as Custodial Parent Form >
- ISP Evaluation Form >
- ISP Parent Permission for Release of Info Form >
- ISP Wire Transfer Instructions >
- ISP Photos